Navigation Menu

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Kids Say the Darndest Things

This morning, I had a rather deep conversation with Gabriel. We were both doing our cleaning jobs and Gabe started talking about getting in trouble the day before. He had been told to vacuum and refused to do it.

I explained to him that even when he’s in trouble, and not obeying, I still love him. Nothing could make me stop loving him.

He smiled back at me and said, “Sometimes when I get in trouble and have to sit on your bed, it kinda breaks my heart. But then after we talk about it, and you give me a kiss, my heart grows back together.”

Simply put, but so true. It always helps to have that assurance that even when we do wrong things, we’re still loved, and hurt feelings can be mended. The same is true with God. No matter what we’ve done, God will always love us, and mend our broken hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...