Navigation Menu

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Zechariah has turned into quite the actor. This morning he was sitting at the table eating his pop tarts. He decided he needed a drink of milk and yelled at me to get it for him. As I was doing the dishes, I told him it was sitting here on the counter in the kitchen and he could feel free to get down from the table to get it. He said to me, “No, Mommy. It’s too hard.”

I laughed and said, “No, it’s not. And if you want it, you are going to have to get it all by yourself.”

So he says, “Mommy, my legs are broken. They don’t work!”

I really laughed this time, and told him he would still have to get it himself. So he gets down from the table and starts walking like a drunken man falling all over the place. He says, “see, Mommy. My legs are broken.” Then he falls to the ground and says to me, “Mommy, see, I slipped.”


A few weeks ago, Gabriel was sick in bed with strep throat. I didn’t want my other two children to catch it from him, so I kept him pretty well isolated in his room. However, there were a few times Zechariah would sneak in and try to watch the movie with him, or try to watch Gabe playing on the laptop.

One time I caught him and sent him out of the room crying. I tried to explain that Gabriel was really sick and I didn’t want him to get sick too. So Zechariah grabs his stomach, bends over in half, crying and says to me, “No, Mommy, I sick too! I need to watch a movie.”

I was truly blessed with very dramatic children!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...