Navigation Menu

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Jesus is ALIVE

I love this time of year! Spring has come at last. Just when I thought it would never make it; it finally came!

One of my favorite things about spring is the celebration of Easter. Jesus died on the cross and rose again. What better thing is there to celebrate?

Every year at this time my husband and I watch The Passion of the Christ. I cannot watch that movie, and not be changed. To see with my own eyes the sacrifice that Jesus made for us, it's impossible to put into words the feelings that come. I have immense gratitude and awe that He would do that for me.

The part of it that gets to me the most is when they are beating Jesus, he's lost all his strength and he's down on the ground, and just when you think they might stop and leave him alone, he gets back up to take more of it. When I see that my heart breaks because I see him doing it for me. I feel so unworthy of his love, but at the same time so grateful. When I watch this, the verses in Isaiah 53 comes to mind.

"Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God, a punishment for his own sins! But he was pierced for my rebellion, crushed for my sins. He was beaten so I could be whole. He was whipped so I could be healed."

How can you not be changed by this man and what he's done for us?

Easter is a time for celebration. He didn't stay dead, but rose again. It always gives me goose bumps when I think about it. I love this time of year!

Jesus is Alive photo
One of the many ways we celebrate Easter is always a traditional Easter egg hunt. The egg symbolizes the new life we have from Jesus' resurrection, just like the new life that emerges as a baby chick hatches out of its egg.

Today we enjoyed an afternoon of hunting for Easter eggs with our children and friends. After doing a normal hunt in the backyard each year, we thought it was time for a change, to do something a little different.

Each of the kids were given an egg carton with the words Jesus is Alive spelled out. The kids were supposed to find the corresponding letters on the eggs. It made the hunt last a little longer, and was more fun to search for. I also felt like it gave the hunt more meaning.

Jesus is Alive Easter egg hunt
Since the kids only have 12 specific eggs that they could pick up, we didn't need to worry too much about hiding them in hard places.


My kids really enjoyed it more this time with a goal in mind, but requested that next time we make it a longer sentence. If we do it again, maybe we'll put an entire Bible verse on the eggs. That would have them searching for a long time!






I've been purchasing these egg cartons for a long time and it wasn't until today when a friend pointed it out, they have a Bible verse on them. How fun!

Aldi egg carton has bible verse on inside of it
I look forward to the next couple of weeks as we continue our celebration of Easter. The party has just begun, and the prize that awaits us is going to be incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...