Navigation Menu

Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

Don't you love to celebrate the lives of those closest to you? I will take any excuse to show honor and bestow love upon my family. They all mean so much to me!

I have a wonderful father to call my own. He is a man of God full of integrity, perseverance, and worthy to be loved.

I have a brother who sets an example of what it means to be a great dad. He puts his daughter's needs above his own, and has a servant's heart.

My husband has loved my children and earned their respect.

Ariel says, "I think he's very smart and he always plays games with me."

Gabriel says, "He's a great father to have because he protects us."

Zechariah says, "He lets me watch him play games with lava. He cooks us pizza. He lets us buy chocolate pop tarts."

This year for Father's day we had a special day set aside for Titus the week before. We spent all day in the kitchen preparing a 5-course dinner for him. He loves food, so we figured this was a perfect gift!

Dad you're the captain. You keep our boat afloat

We put all our heads together and named our restaurant, "The Captain." Our motto was, "You keep our family boat afloat!" The kids enjoyed coming up with things to fit our theme.

We had a menu sitting at Titus' seat so he could anticipate all the tasty delights we were serving.

the captain menu
Tuna Boats
We made a tuna salad with cucumbers, stuffed it into some small red, orange, and yellow sweet peppers that we cut in half for the boat, and we added a pita bread sail.

tuna fish pita bread boats in orange peppers
The entertainment for the evening was a trip to our basement to watch an original play written and performed by Gabriel & Ariel using our Shadow Puppet Theater.

To top it all off, we made Titus some homemade oatmeal crème pie cookies, his favorite.

homemade oatmeal creme pie cookies

"A righteous man who walks in his integrity— How blessed are his sons (and daughter) after him." Proverbs 20:7 (NASB)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...