Navigation Menu

Thursday, February 1, 2018

Meet Kirsten: An American Girl

I've decided to branch out a little in my love for the American Girls. When I was young I read all the books. As an adult, only Felicity stuck with me. I couldn't remember much about the stories of the other historical characters. 

Over the past week, I have purchased the story collection for several of the girls. Right now I have Kirsten, Samantha, and Addy. Over the course of the next couple weeks Molly, Josefina, Kaya, and Kit's story collection books will be arriving in the mail. I'm excited for all the reading I will be doing. I'm even more excited to read these books aloud to some very special little girls. 

I love that American Girl has released each historical character's set of 6 books into one convenient hardback book. I don't know if they still have the books in print, but I do know you can find them inexpensively on Amazon and Ebay if you don't mind used books. This makes it much easier to collect them all.

This week, I worked really hard on turning Kirsten into a fun coloring page. In the future, as I read more of the story collections, I will be turning each girl into a coloring sheet. I also can't wait to share these coloring pages with those same special little girls. You can check back later for more pages!
free American girl coloring page Meet Kirsten
To tell you a little about Kirsten, I copied these words from Amazon which tell you a little about her story...

Kirsten Larson and her family arrive in America in 1854, after a long sea voyage. Everything looks so different from the life Kirsten knew back in Sweden--the ways people talk and dress seem strange! Getting lost in a big city and parting with her best friend only add to Kirsten’s worry. Will she ever feel at home here? It is only when the Larsons arrive at a tiny farm on the edge of the frontier that Kirsten believes Papa’s promise--America will be a land filled with opportunity for them all.

If case you haven't seen the books I was talking about, you can buy Kirsten's Story Collection on Amazon. This is such a great deal to get all 6 of Kirsten's beloved books in one convenient hardback book!


Kirsten's story collection book



Who is your favorite American Girl?

Interested in some more American Girl coloring pages?

Felicity         Samantha          Kit             Molly

3 comments:

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...