Navigation Menu

Thursday, April 19, 2018

Meet Kit: An American Girl

Meet Kit, my daughter's favorite American girl! Several years ago, my daughter celebrated her 10th birthday with Kit Kittredge. I read all the books so I could gather enough information to put on an extra special party. I planned the party for months. My daughter loved it!

I love that American Girl has released each historical character's set of 6 books into one convenient hardback book. I don't know if they still have the books in print, but I do know you can find them inexpensively on Amazon and Ebay if you don't mind used books. This makes it much easier to collect them all. In the past months, I have been able to purchase them all! I feel like a kid again, excited to read my favorite stories.

These past couple weeks, I have worked on turning Kit into a fun coloring page too. This was no easy feat. I invested hours and hours working on the coloring sheet whenever I could spare some time. I think the hard work has paid off and it is worth it to see this beautiful picture ready to color. In the future, as I read more of the story collections, I will be turning each girl into a coloring sheet. You can check back later for more pages!

free Meet Kit Kittredge An American Girl coloring page

To tell you a little about Kit, I copied these words from American Girl Wiki which tells you a little about her story...

Kit is very much a tomboy who enjoys baseball, and her favorite player is Ernie Lombardi, the catcher for the Cincinnati Reds. Her stories take place during the Depression. Kit is interested in everything and fancies herself a reporter and factual writer. Her favorite place is the newsroom of the Cincinnati Register. Kit's father must close his car dealership and join the large number of unemployed. In an effort to make ends meet, her mother takes in boarders; Mrs. Howard and her son Stirling settle into Kit's newly redecorated bedroom, while the girl makes the best of her new space in the attic... Lots of adventures happen in the pages of Kit's books! 

If case you haven't seen the books I was talking about, you can buy Kit's Story Collection on Amazon. This is such a great deal to get all 6 of Kit's beloved books in one convenient hardback book!

Kit's story collection book cover

Who is your favorite American Girl?


Interested in some more American Girl coloring pages?

Felicity         Kirsten          Samantha          Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...